Seeking a path to an internship in Brand Management, participation in Brand Camp, or other options in the world of consumer product goods?
Calling All Incoming MBA class of 2024 to hang out virtually with Ocean Spray!
Meet a Director from Consumer Marketing, An Associate Brand Manager.
Learn about Ocean Spray’s MBA internships in Brand Management and Finance.
Think about what you would do as a snapshot of a current internship project focused on growing sales of a very profitable brand that meets the needs of increasing consumer interest in a 100% juice product.
What would you think about some areas to possibly explore?
- Placement strategy
- What distribution channels should we seek to grow in, or enter into?
- Consumer targeting
- Who is our primary consumer? Could we increase consumption by reaching them better?
- Who should we want our consumer to be in the future?
- Product considerations
- Aside from Cranberry, which flavors are most important? If not currently in the portfolio, why is a certain flavor or format important?
- Is our pricing and promotional strategy optimal?
Below you will see the feature experience with Ocean Spray via JumpStart that your submissions and responses will be part of the process to be considered for participation in their session, potential for 1-1s and path to an internship next summer.
You will need to complete the Company interest survey (60 seconds) and register for the following Zoom sessions by Friday, July 8th.
See the feature speakers below. For your reference, additional information about Ocean Spray and a summary of brand management are noted below.
Associate Brand Manager | LinkedIn
Bio: Danielle Hunt- a Bahamas Native- received her MBA in Marketing at Indiana University- Kelley School of Business. Before joining Ocean Spray as an Assistant Brand Manager, Danielle interned at E J & Gallo Winery. Today, Danielle is an Associate Brand Manager and has worked on the relaunch of Ocean Spray Sparkling, launch of Frescas/Pink Passionfruit and our Hispanic marketing campaign
Director, Consumer Engagement | LinkedIn
Seckeita Lewis is a Marketing Director from the south side of Chicago now based in Texas. Seckeita’s background is diverse. She is a graduate of both Southern University and Cornell University with a BS and Masters in Electrical Engineering respectively. She also holds an MBA from Duke University and has worked for over 10 years as a Marketing Executive and has worked in independent film as a writer, director and producer.
Brand Management Internship What You Will Accomplish
- You’ll partner alongside an innovation guru in food & beverage to help support at least one innovation in progress.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in the consumer-packaged food industry
- Build brand innovation experience working with cross-functional groups on strategic plans and tactical execution
- Hone your analytical and creative skills to find ways of delighting consumers and customers
A Day in the Life of an MBA – Brand Innovation Internship
- Lead project(s) including market/competitive data analyses to provide a recommendation on potential market opportunities
- Lead project(s) with innovation teams to test concepts and initiate new product development process(es)
- Collaborate with agency partners to develop marketing activation plans
- Execute product/packaging design improvements
- Evaluating new product opportunities and platforms based on consumer insights
- Re-staging and positioning product platforms
- Lead monthly consumption analyses for assigned business(es)