Since 1977, TransRe’s vision has been to convey the capacity and expertise necessary to contribute to the sustainable growth of prosperous communities worldwide.
We are looking for an undergraduate students entering their senior year in September of 2022. The Actuarial Intern will provide support to our Actuary team.
The Intern’s responsibilities and learnings will include, but not be limited to:
- Gaining an understanding of basic insurance and reinsurance terminology, the underlying business we write and basic actuarial techniques
- Participating in our quarterly analysis including assist with Sarbanes Oxley compliance and catastrophe tracking
- Working with on our financial system and learn how to look up certain features of a contract and to run various reports to assist with different projects
- Understanding, compiling, and evaluating loss development triangles
- Participating in our reserve study to gain an understanding of basic reserving concepts such as the Chain Ladder and Bornhuetter Ferguson methods
- Assisting in pricing one to two reinsurance contracts
- Assisting in annual trend and parameter studies
- Participating in various company sponsored programs for the summer interns
- Other ad-hoc projects
To learn more, express interest, and engage with TransRe; Two actions are needed asap.
1. Learn more about Actuarial Internship opportunity
2. Express interest since many people from the JumpStart network have been hired by our partners. We will be referring candidates from our networks.
Please complete the 60-seconds survey so we can review and engage with our partner.
Kindly share this opportunity with your friends and network.