Calling current HBCU student rising seniors (class of 2022), rising juniors (class of 2023) and rising sophomores (class of 2024) to seeking Scholarships, Internships or Full Time Employment, Professional Development and Networking.
Since 2004, JumpStart’s forums have been a pathway for participants to get internships or full-time roles in management consulting, finance, investment banking, tech, general management, marketing, sales, engineering, and more.
Additionally, this year, over $100,000 in scholarships will be awarded to HBCU students.
We encourage students to apply for our upcoming July virtual forum.
JumpStart Path to HBCU Student Scholarships, Internships, and Full Time Jobs
July 29–31, 2021
Deadline to Apply June 20, 2021!
JumpStart’s corporate partners include: Accenture, Alleghany Capital, Bain & Company, Bank of America, Boston Consulting Group, Conagra Brands, Cornerstone Research, Dalberg, Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, Evercore, First Republic Bank, The Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Lincoln International, McKinsey, Microsoft, Moelis, Oliver Wyman, Plante Moran, Redstone Strategy Group, Sephora, Vista Equity Partners, Wellington Management, West Monroe, and others.
You have professional aspirations, we’re here to JumpStart you getting there.
Top Five Reasons to Participate in a JumpStart UGrad HBCU Career Forum
1. Path to a Job (summer internship or full time). Not only will you be prepared for the recruiting process, JumpStart’s Forum offers opportunities for interviews and conversations that lead to interviews for summer internships. Many attendees in our network receive an offer for internship 6-12 months prior to the on-campus recruiting process.
2. Gain access to over $100k in potential scholarship awards with our partners. Our corporate partners and JumpStart will be awarding over $100k in recognition of high achieving HBCU students with consideration to leadership, academic achievement, community involvement, and need.
3. Receive guidance on how to prepare for the recruiting process. JumpStart works in collaboration with corporate partners to break down how to navigate the recruiting process by industry, role and organization. This approach thoroughly prepares you for the application and interview process. Sessions include “Meet the Company” overviews, “A Day in the Life,” recruiting overviews, interview prep case studies, networking sessions and on-the-spot interviews.
4. Learn about private opportunities to participate “invite-only” programs with prospective employers. Many organizations offer private experiences for undergraduate students. However, these opportunities are by invitation only. This forum provides context on what this means and our partners leverage JumpStart as part of the screening and selection process to determine next steps with individual candidates.
5. Get your resume reviewed and prepare for your interview. Professionals are ready and willing to consult you about your resume and provide feedback in alignment with resume best practices. There are also interview prep working sessions and opportunities to schedule a 1:1 mock interview.