Ready to land that management consulting job later this year? You will be after you attend JumpStart and West Monroe Partners’ webinar that will prepare you to ace your consulting case interview.
Acing the Consulting Case Interview for Undergraduates
Hosted by JumpStart and West Monroe Partners
Wednesday, July 23, 2020 at 1:00 P.M. ET
Consultants from West Monroe Partners (Nyles McLean, Chicago Operations Excellence Experienced Consultant, and John Vance, New York Operations Excellence Director) will lead the session. And if you like what you hear, you’d be happy to hear that West Monroe Partners will be recruiting undergraduate students for full-time (Class of 2021) and internship positions.
Get a break down of the case interview process and practice the five essentials steps that will prepare you for success.
1. What problem needs to be solved: Clarity on the problem at hand, why it matters, and understanding additional context is very important. In a real interview, you have less than five minutes to get this right.
2. What needs to be analyzed: Prioritizing what needs to be analyzed, why, and how this will lead to the end goal is crucial. In a real interview, you also have less than five minutes to get this right.
3. How to analyze data: Getting the first two steps right is great, but correctly conducting analysis with limited time under pressure is the recipe for success. In a real interview, you have less than 10–15 minutes to get this right.
4. Understand what it means: After analysis, you have to be able to connect the dots on what the findings mean, provide additional insight and summarize your recommendations. In a real interview, you also have less than 10-15 minutes to get this right.
5. Guidance from a Trusted Advisor: Practicing these four steps on your own is fine but practicing under the guidance of experts and trusted advisors will help refine and improve your skills. West Monroe Partners and JumpStart are here to help!